Friday, June 11, 2010

A Little Bit of Vanity Never Hurt Anyone

Also, as a much less than 1,000 word blog entry, can we just talk about how awesome I think my glasses are? They kind of make me feel very nerdy chic or a little Clark Kent without the weird alien-from-outer-space-with-preposterous-super-powers-and-a-weakness-for-green-rocks-and-women side. However, while I loved them when I picked them out, I have to say that when I first put them on, I wondered if they said young, hip, indie nerd or middle aged, power lesbian. I'm now leaning more back toward the former.

Before glasses:


With glasses:


With glasses after haircut today:


I have to say that I've always wanted glasses because I thought they made smart people look smarter. I consider myself to be relatively smart, and so deeply desired to have glasses to enhance my intellect possibly to world-dominating proportions. For the longest time, the curse of perfect vision lingered over me. Luckily, grad school has come along and maimed my eyes just enough to spark the use of these lovely little lenses. A good thing? I think so. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. The bit of facial hair may keep you from looking like a middle aged power lesbian. Although I can't really be sure... Some lesbians have more facial hair than a lot of men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! I love the haircut/glasses pic!

    ReplyDelete